Tuesday, September 27, 2005

I hate forgetting things

I don't know if anybody else experiences this, but I forget things. I forget a lot of things. Oftentimes I find myself looking intently into the eyes of my kids hoping to remember them as they are at this moment. They keep changing on me and it feels like everything around me is changing and I am not. I am a forward thinker, a visionary. I like this about myself except when it comes to recalling things from the past. they just drop out of site and I get caught constantly by those closest to me not remembering the most obvious of things. They gape. It sucks. I have tried to journal but it is difficult to keep up - just look at my blog :) My wife is good at taking pictures so I find myself looking through albums not just enjoying them but also intently studying them. I can see how folks lose their minds when they get older. It isn't that suddenly their synapses snapped and they can't connect the dots. It's that the gap between what they forget in the past gets smaller and smaller. Pretty soon they can't finish the thought they started moments ago because they've already forgotten the premise, the beginning. The cool thing about being a visionary, a creator, a dreamer, is that just thinking up ideas thrills you and creating something out of nothing consumes you. It's the Creator God in me. I can feel the sense of myself "hovering over the waters" and saying "it is good". Give me something to make. Give me something to do. Give me somebody who's hungry for change. I know there's a place in the world for me. i just wish I could remember more of where I've been so people don't write me off as scatterbrained...it isn't necessarily that I completely forget it. It just takes longer to recall. Longer than most people - that's evident. So be it. those are my thoughts at present.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

I didn't understand the concluding part of your article, could you please explain it more?

Anonymous said...

The most strange and amusing images and pictures online.
Chit unconscious
[url=http://www.funnyimgz.blogspot.com]funny pics[/url]